Spring Home Maintenance Tips
The first day of spring is just a couple of days away, which means it is time to start preparing your house for the warm weather. Keep these spring home maintenance tips in mind to ensure that your home is ready for the season.
- Have your roof inspected – although Southern California is not known for spring storms, they can happen. Make sure that your roof flashing, shingles, and caulking are all working properly to prevent any water damage to your roof and attic.
- Inspect your windows and doors – check the caulking around all of your windows and doors in your house. If you find any missing or damaged caulking, re-caulk the area to ensure that your house stays airtight.
- Change your fans direction – if you changed the direction of your fan in the fall to help keep your home warmer, it is time to turn it back. A properly working ceiling fan can help to make your house feel much cooler without having to run your air conditioner.
- Clean your dryer vents – clogged dryer vents will not allow the warm air from your dryer to escape, causing the room with your dryer to get too warm. A quick cleaning can help to ensure that your home stays at the right temperature.
- Swap out your lights – replace all of your standard light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs, also known as CFL bulbs. Not only will they help you save on your energy bill, but also will give off less heat than typical bulbs, keeping your home cooler.
The changing season is also the best time to look over your homeowner’s insurance policy to ensure that you have the right amount of protection for the new season. Contact Integrity First Insurance in Thousand Oaks, California for all of your home insurance coverage needs.