Local St. Patrick’s Day Events
St. Patrick’s Day is just over a week away, which means it is the perfect time to start looking for a fun and family-friendly way to celebrate. Make sure to check out these local community events with your friends and family this holiday.
The 27th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Ventura is happening on March 14th starting at 10 a.m. The parade will start on East Main Street in front of the San Buenaventura Mission, and will end at the corner of East Main Street and North Chestnut Street.
If you are in the Agoura Hills area, make sure to head out to the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Agoura Hills/Calabasas Community Center on March 14th. The event starts at 11 a.m. and runs until 3 p.m. There will be plenty of entertainment, including the Claddagh School of Irish Dancers, Tribal Caravan Belly Dancing Performances, and live music by Innisfree. There will also be tons of fun activities, including rock climbing, face painting, and various inflatables to enjoy.
While enjoying these exciting local events, keep these fun facts in mind to impress your loved ones.
- Patrick was not Irish. He was born to Roman parents in Scotland.
- The largest St. Patrick’s Day parade is held in New York City, and brings 250,000 marchers to Fifth Avenue.
- Chicago dyes its river green each St. Patrick’s day using 40 tons of green dye.
- While St. Patrick’s Day is typically associated with drinking, it used to be a dry holiday and all pubs had to be closed.
- While lady leprechaun decorations fill the store, there are actually no lady leprechauns in traditional Irish folk tales.
All of us at Integrity First Insurance in Thousand Oaks, California would like to wish you a fun and exciting St. Patrick’s Day!